05 June 2006

Boraging

Looking forward to these in a week or two with a nice single malt....I mean single cream.

The dreaded eczema has struck again and is doing a passable job of turning my hands into mincemeat. Just when I thought it was clearing up too. SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) has put me on a dairy free regime to see if that helps.....What, no cheese...intolerable. Anyway we'll give it a go and if it doesn't work I'll just have to chop my hands off and garden with my teeth. SWMBO is doing sterling work keeping it all going and has caught up with the planting out of stuff and much else besides. I did manage a bit of trimming the grass and another sowing of lettuce and collected a pile of comfrey to make some smelly fertiliser. No sign of of parsnips whatsoever which were sown yonks ago. So who looks a dumb ass now after all the blurb on parsnips last month? D'oh. Maybe it was duff seed. I dunno.


Fossicking about with
a camera is relatively
painless and I like these of the bees
borageing about in a buzzy
sort of way.


5 comments:

lilymarlene said...

Just a thought.....Have you tried a wheat and dairy free diet? It worked wonders for my sister's excema.

clodhopper said...

No Lilly I haven't tried that yet but thanks for the tip. Been completely eczema free until the start of my fifties. Do you know if it's common to develop a wheat or dairy intolerence later in life?
Can it be tested for?

PS...used to live in Wroxall near Ventnor on IOW many many moons ago.
Take care...the clod

Petunia's Gardener said...

Nice to have you back -hopefully with full gardening privileges soon. I grew borage for the first time last year and loved it as well as the bees that found it. Lots of volunteers coming up this year too. If Petunia hadn't shown herself this weekend, I was thinking about renaming the garden after the giant bee that has been around (he don't slow down long enough to share his name though).
What's this about strawberries & single malt..whisky I assume? My favorite! So I need to try it with strawberries...

Rebsie Fairholm said...

Hello there ... I'm very much enjoying your blog (have visited a couple of times and put up a link to it from mine) so I thought I'd stop by and leave a comment.

I like the way you've photographed the borage from underneath so they have the sky in the background and the light shining through them. They're delightful. (Until the little blighters self-seed everywhere next year.)

Rebsie

clodhopper said...

Thanks Rebsie....glad you like the borage pics...i was really pleased with those. will drop by your site for a peek later & thanks for linking.